10.04.2009

10 random things.

10 facts you may or may not know about me. 

If you know me, some of these may cause you to reconsider admitting that you know me.  And if you don't know me, after reading the below, you may think twice about ever getting to know me (SMILE).

ONE.  I love reading out loud.  And along those same lines, I talk to myself alot.  About once a day Maddox will ask me who I am talking to - at that point I realize that I am talking to no other than me, myself, and I.

TWO.  My favorite color is yellow - lemon, goldenrod, canary, dandelion, sun, love them all.

THREE.  I'm a twin.  Which my mom was unaware of until after I was born.  Then 45 minutes later out popped a little boy. We were born between the hours of 11pm and midnight on March 31st, so when Mom and Dad called to announce the big news the next day everyone thought that it was an April Fool's Day prank.

FOUR.  Track and/ or running were my first true love.  I was a high school state champion in the 300m hurdles- twice.  Back then I never imagined a day without running, three years ago that all changed.  My first true love was replaced by my current true loves - Bryan, Maddox, and Isla.  Maybe one day my first true love will find its place back into my life again.

FIVE.  I have always wanted five kids, but I am now hoping that I can convince my lovely husband to have three.

SIX.  I love solitude.  I think that this is one of the things I miss the most since having kids.

SEVEN.  One fault I have is interrupting others when they are talking.  This usually happens when I am excited about the conversation. 

EIGHT.  When I was seven, we moved from Jefferson City to Owensville, MO.  I still remember what I wore (or at least half of what I wore) when we visited my new school for the first time.  I had on violet red corduroy knickerbockers (slightly baggy knee length pants) and saddle shoes (you know the black and white ones).  I am sure this made a lasting impression on my future classmates.

NINE.  One other tidbit from my younger years and that move - I was so excited about having my own room that I slept in a makeshift bed made out of cardboard boxes until my parents got me a real bed.  One of the boxes was turned with one side up so that it created a sort of canopy.  I always wanted a canopy bed!

TEN.  I love any type of storage container, bin, box, trunk, basket, shelf, drawer, etc.  I believe this is a result of liking so much "stuff".  You gotta have lots of storage for lots of stuff!

BONUS.  I daydream about owning my own store some day.  I drive by this place periodically and think that it would be just PERFECT.  No, we will not be investing any in additional property anytime soon, but what's life without dreams.




1 comment:

  1. I love the bonus one. Step by step I think it is going to happen for you. If we don't dream of things, what do we have to look forward to?
    And I love your talking. Often when I want to turn around and not say anything to people you are showing me to loosen up and chat them up. I am blessed to count you as a friend. Best friend.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers