Bet you thought when I finally came back (at this point you probably thought I had scrapped this blogging thing altogether) I would come back with exciting news or pictures of whatever it is that has kept me preoccupied and almost non existent amongst the blogging world these last two months; however, the only thing I have to blame is me trying to keep up with life and all of its happenings (including doing lots of cards and invites in my spare time . . . hopefully I can get some new pics of these in my portfolio some time soon). I was debating whether or not I should try to catch up and post a summary of the last two months, but that overwhelmed me, so I just thought I would start fresh with a picture of my ever changing little Miss I, who looks more like her Dad every day.
She, unlike her brother, will not only let me take pictures of her, but she will also produce the biggest, cheesiest grin when the lense shows up in her face. At 15 months she is loving life and is either moving her little body or her mouth every waking minute of it. She loves being free to roam. Her vocabulary expands by a word about every couple of days. Some of her favorites are: shoe, nose, bro (for brother . . . she won't attempt Maddox yet), dadda (which she even calls me most of the time), puppa (puppy), poop, pee (which can mean just what it says or pretty), and baby. I don't know if it is a "girl thing", but she yells and is alot louder when trying to communicate than Maddox ever was. She is also very social and gives a dainty wave to each and every passer by. Her two favorite songs are "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". Our favorite thing she currently does is when you ask her a question, she shakes her head yes or no in a very methodical slow manor . . . like she has to really think about the action itself and/ or the question she is answering. Our nicknames for her now a days are chinka (this is mine and I believe is a spin off of chicka) and boojie (this one is M's and Bryan's and I am not for sure of its origin). Even though we rarely call her by her real name, "Isla" is another word she can say when called upon to do so.
It feels nice to be sharing with you again and I can't wait to get out there and
catch up on all of you as well.
We're just glad you're back!
ReplyDelete