4.10.2010

decisions.




She's finally made the decision that she is going to walk
everywhere and crawl nowhere.  That wreckless, hands up,
accident waiting to happen type of walk (or should we say jaunt
because really its somewhat faster than a walk).



And I have finally
made the decision to
start doing something active other than
mothering these days so this a.m.
I awoke from my slumber
(that was awakened by not just one,
but two kiddos last night . . . ugh),
laced up my really ancient,
but the only pair I have right now tennis shoes
and went for a run. 
Actually, calling what I did this morning a run
is giving it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
too much credit.  It felt more like,
and I am sure resembled, those awkward and
heavy first steps of ummmmmm
maybe a baby elephant.  
My goal was what, back during the good ol' days,
wouldn't have even been a decent warm up,
but I made it
Now lets just see if I can keep this up consistently
through late nights, early mornings,
hot muggy days, Bryan's ever changing schedule,
and any other excuse I may come up
with between now and my next scheduled run day :). 
I have to say, my most favorite part about running
is perhaps the time I get to spend with just
me, myself, and I.

Gots to go. 
Isla doesn't need one more marshmallow. 
Food . . . its the only thing that keeps her
out of trouble these days. 


1 comment:

  1. I, too, am someday soon going to start running again... Kudos to you for actually taking that first step...

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers