HAPPY.
Squares laid out for a preview of the what could be.
STILL HAPPY.
6 squares sewn together.
NOT SO HAPPY.
Two strips of 6 squares sewn together. It's hard to tell just by looking at these pics,
but even with pinning, my squares are way off. Debating on ripping the seam and starting over.
However, I am scared that the next time will be no better than the first. Oh well, what else can I do but try and say to myself "I will not make a mess of this so pretty fabric." :).
No time to try again now.
Headed to my sister's for a small birthday gathering for
my niece Emily who turned 8 last Monday.
These were painted with love by me (and Isla)
for her new room.
I hope she likes them.
Love the quilt!The colors are great. Hang in there! Your my inspiration. I have my fabric but haven't started yet.
ReplyDeleteDo not, I repeat, do not rip it apart!!! They may not be perfect, but I promise you, PROMISE!!!! that it won't matter when it is finished. It is so beautiful, the fabric is scrumptious and best of all it is made by you. Which is amazing. Mine is CRAZY!!! but I love the crazy. My seams aren't totally lined up, but neither is my life. It is warm and cozy and bright and happy. When I started sewing a dear friend shared with me this to help encourage me in my mistakes (because there are millions):
ReplyDeleteThe Amish quilters who by all standards have the most unbelievable skills and the ability to have each and every seam line up, purposefully will make a mistake in each one of their quilts. It is their way to acknowledge that God alone is perfect. His work alone is perfection. So celebrate the crazy. If not, feel free to send it my way. I will love it forever and ever.
It looks amazing. I agree with Julie. Do not rip it apart. There is a trick to lining it up when they do not match up well. I learned of the trick in the quilting class. I can stop by the house and show you.
ReplyDelete