1.09.2010

TWO NUMBER ONES.


Maddox, like most 3 year olds, had a list of things he wanted for Christmas. 
The list was ever changing except for two things.
He always stated that he wanted

1 an octopus pirate ship
and
2  a handy manny motorcycle


He was a lucky boy this year and received both.  However, due to Mom's (me) lack of
relaying gifts bought from one set of grandparents to another, he ended up with
two handy manny motorcycles - which he thought was great, but I felt lousy because I
knew the grandparents giving handy manny #2 didn't get to experience quite the same
thrilled and "this is the best day of my life" expression and the repeating of "this is all I have ever wanted" from Mr. Maddox as the grandparents who gifted handy manny #1. 

I am sure you are wondering where I am going with this- promise I'm getting there. 

After returning handy manny #2 (which was my decision) and choosing not to exchange it for another toy at this time (which was also my decsion- one more toy in this house right now and one of us may have to move out), the money was used in two ways- resulting in memories that will last a lifetime.

{1}
Maddox's first trip to the movies - he saw "Alvin and the Chipmunks" with his Dad


He kind of looks like one of the chipmunks in this pic (chapped lips and all) . . . doesn't he?!  Too cute.  Maddox doesn't like having his picture taken so any picture
with him smiling is extra-special!


{2}
Maddox's first time ice skating- he went with Mom while Dad and Isla watched.
He loved it so much he wanted to go again today.

(The inventor of these walker-like things made for ice - can I say GENIUS!)

Moral of the story is . . . we love things, but
time with Mom and Dad and life experiences
are also GREAT!

So grandma and grandpa, whichever set you may be,
we love handy manny- thank you.   And to those of you who gifted #2,
we promise that you did give a gift that resulted in a thrilled
and "this is the best day of my life" expression
and the repeating of "this is all I have ever wanted" from
Mr. Maddox- thank you!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd . . . just in case you are in need of an Isla fix. 
I know she is in the ice skating pics, but I thought
you might like one without the boogars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers