1.08.2010

#10 of my TEN for 2010 . . . getting started.

(reference list on right)

I know it's only January and Miss I's
BIG numero uno isn't until May, but if
I am going to do this quilt making thing it would
be in my best interest to get started . . . like immediately.
With so many delightful fabrics out there, I had
a hard time deciding on which to use, but I just
couldn't let these lovely ones
from designer Anna Maria Horner's
Good Folks Collection go
 . . . for a few of reasons.

1  I like the idea of the quilt not being too "matchy-matchy"
Just want lots of all kinds of colors.

2  BRIGHT colors . . . can't seem to get enough of these
(I have been on this bright color kick for about a year now)


3  I had some of the fabrics from another project


4  These Good Folk fabrics have gone on sale lately and are about
half the price they used to be.


and

5 If mine turns out just a smidge as beautiful as any one thing on
    her lovely blog and these photos I will be one happy quilt maker. 
  Just a glance at her blog and photos bring a smile to my face and
make me wonder how one woman could be so talented. 
Just go look . . . you will see what I am talking about.




Now just praying that I don't turn this absolutely
gorgeous fabric into a jumbled mess.
-------------------------------

And talk about another beautiful find . . .
"Pastry Lines" from you guessed it Anna Maria Horner.
So YUMMY.

http://annamariahorner.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. i made a few scarves out of that line awhile back. love her...
    pastry lines is to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers