11.16.2009

day off.


Isla and I enjoyed a "not for any particular reason" day off today.  Isla from daycare and I, of course, from work.  I have to say we did a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and then went back to a little bit of this and that again - jumping from one task to another has alot to do with both Isla and I's very short attention spans.  However, I think she is starting to take a liking to Baby Einstein DVDs which helps keep her preoccupied for at least semi-small amounts of time. 

"Uneventful" day's schedule:
  • laundry
  • christmas card making
  • post office and target - where i rewarded myself with these from the dollar section and apparently I thought that wasn't reward enough so I got these "over the knee high" socks because I loved the little flower on them and they were on clearance
  • more christmas card making (if I wasn't dedicating all of my creative juices and down time to christmas card making I would love to be doing this)
  • more laundry
  • put up little christmas tree in Maddox and Isla's room (yes all this Christmas Card making has inspired me) plus I wanted Maddox to be surprised when he gets home from grandma and grandpa's tomorrow.  i pretty much just decorate it with stuff we have around the house and some old wooden ornaments that grandpa got at a garage sale last year.
  • cleaned up all Maddox's toys from yesterday and even vaccumed (well just that one room)
  • collected recyclables- have I mentioned that I am somewhat of a recycling addict and I am extremely ecstatic that we now have this (one is for regular trash and the other for all recycables):
which means no more of this - yippeee!
  • started organizing paper/ craft area (my goal is to get this area all cleaned up so that I can trash it again while getting ready for the holidays :0) )
  • thank you card making
  • bath time for isla (which she loves)
  • a little more laundry and a little more cleaning
  • so much left to do, but I am calling it a day
Did I mention that Isla was obsessed with my red toed socks today.  Anytime I was anywhere near her, she found a way to make it to my feet.



So here's to our lovely uneventful day off.  I think both Isla and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it- especially the minutes when her little hands where on my toes :0).  I apologize for my sloppiness, but no post-proofing will be done tonight - my pillow is calling my name.

2 comments:

  1. That actually sounds like a very productive day to me. I often think if I was still working I would get more done instead of just putting eberything off because "I can just do it tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great productive day. I too am obsessed with recycling things!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers