stuff #1 - MAIL
This awesome blog and that fantabulous blog have talked about what a wonderful happy feeling it is to get mail. I myself love it, love it, love it too, but I think I might enjoy sending it just as much as I like getting it. A dear Canadian friend of mine always sends me handwritten notes, pics of her kids, and all kinds of goodies. Yes - she actually writes letters - what a special feeling it is to get a handwritten letter. Just recently she sent a little dress for Isla and some erasers for Maddox so I thought I would send a little something her way. She has 3 little ones and one on the way. I had tons of fun shopping for 3 kids and I completed "official" sewing project #2 for the new little one (another blanket - imagine that). I also sent a little notebook her way. I think in my second life I want to be a professional "gift buyer". Not that I am any better at buying a gift than the next guy :0), but I like the idea of shopping all day every day and then wrapping the perfect gift up all nice and pretty. What a job that would be! Anyway I could ramble on and on, but to make a long story short I shipped the goodies I bought/ made off today and I can't wait until they get them - hopefully it will be a happy mail day for them when these arrive.

hot wheels, puzzle, socks, and bath towel for the boys - Fraser & Colton
hot wheels, puzzle, socks, and bath towel for the boys - Fraser & Colton
book, socks, and bath towel for Jenny
blanket for baby
(I am pretty sure that my dear friend has no idea I have a blog so I shouldn't be giving away the surprise by posting these pics.)presents for ALL- yippee!
I really want to paint our dining room. It has been this dark red ever since we moved in and I wanted to paint it then (that was 5 years ago) so I am really wanting to paint it now. I just want a color that is a little fresher, a little lighter. My problem is this: I know what painting leads to -it leads to wanting new curtains, new furniture, new accessories, the whole bit. Or at least that is what happens when I paint. I want a whole new room - go figure. So anyway if I could just convince myself that painting is a enough this task just might get accomplished.
stuff #3 - SILLY NAMES
What is it about parents and silly names for their kids. Just to mention a few my sister was called "saw" (I forgot how my parents came up with this one) when she was younger, I was called duck ( I looked like and still do look a little bit like a duck when I cry or get really upset). I think my brother might have escaped the "silly name" calling. And now I notice my new "silly" name for Miss Isla is "goopy girl". I know, I know - silly. Plus - you can't even say that it is a nickname because it is longer than her real name- what's up with that?
stuff #4 - TOES
Lately Isla's ultimate goal in life is to get her toes into her mouth. And sometimes she can even get both big toes in at one time. A little gross, huh?
stuff #5 - CHERRY RED HOT LIPS PHONE
Maddox just told me that he wanted a cherry red hot lips phone. I am pretty sure that he got this off of Noggin or at least lets hope that's where he got it from.
CHERRY RED HOT LIPS PHONE

1. Love the blanket. I wish I would have a big one for the living room. And you should be a professional shopper. You would be really good at it.
ReplyDelete2. E's silly name is Monkey Doodle and I have no idea where it came from. Sometimes he gets upset I call him that and sometimes he loves it as he knows it is called in affectionate way.
3. I think you should start with the paint and see where it leads you. You might score some good, cheap redecorating ideas when you do it or when you walk through the stores. My fingers are crossed and I wish you luck.
4. Goopy Girl is the cutest girl ever. I told Andy how beautiful she was sleeping.