5.05.2010

a fake turkey and thoughts.




Target practice with a not so real turkey
in our non existent backyard and
a four year old who is hunting obsessed.
Papa we know that you would have
loved to get more use out of
your turkey decoy, but we sure
hope you are paying attention up there
because you would love
watching "M" with it. 
And just so you know,
the other day, I went to wake "M"
up for school and found him laying
in bed looking at the picture of you and
him and that big big fish.  That day
still the best day of his little life thus far.
And because we probably never told
and if you are listening now . . . thank you.
Thank you for the memories you left
behind and for everything that you taught my
four year old and my thirty-three
year old.  We think of you lots
and tonight was no exception.

And Isla . . . well Isla tonight was just
enjoying her feet in the breeze
without a care in the world.


2 comments:

  1. So sweet,I love that he is so small yet cherishes the picture of him & his grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet, Tammy, I almost cried. Reminds me to cherish those I love while they are still here :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers