11.12.2009

Heaven.


Heaven #1:

The other day I overheard Maddox telling Isla how fun Heaven was going to be.  He then proceeded to tell her all about the wonderful, simple things that would be there - toys, animals, food - just to name a few.  His chatter always seems to get me thinking.   This statement first making me wish I could be a three year old again and actually remember it and secondly about Heaven and what it would be like (through the eyes of a 31 year old)- there would be friends and family, coffee and marshmallow fluff, crafting, and of course wonderful deep deep sleep - awwwww just to think of it makes me giddy.  So so often I get caught up in "my" world and all of its happenings that I easily forget there is a bigger purpose, something greater than anything and everything that our life here on earth has to offer.  Life is so super to only think of what heaven will be like!  Thanks Maddox for unintentionally reminding me about the happiness of heaven.


Heaven #2:

Out of the blue, during bath time the other night, Maddox told me that maybe we go to the military before we go to heaven.  I was a little confused at first, but then remembered that he sometimes calls a cemetery a military.  For some odd reason, Maddox has always been curious about cemeteries.  We, of course, have done our best to explain to him what they are, but never once have we went as deep to explain the connection between a cemetery and heaven.  Oh, what his intelligent little mind comes up with. 


"SING TO THE HEAVENS"

In this picture Maddox is sitting in his bathroom on his stool, which he has turned upside down, singing a made up song about who knows what.  I am in love with his silliness. . . and I think I am in love with a three year old's unending curiousity and creativity- they are impressive little creatures that's for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through Beth at Odd Girl Out and I'm in love! Love your pictures, they are all beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I need to ready today...(Made me get a little emotional!:) too sweet) You always know how to put life in to perspective! YOu are such a wonderful mommy... and friend too!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers