10.19.2009

road trip.





My friend Stacey and I went road trippin' this weekend down to northwest Arkansas- perhaps the craft fair mecca of the world (maybe not everday, but definitely on this particular weekend).  I should have known that she wasn't just dragging me to Arkansas for one measly craft fair.  In a about a 45 mile radius there was what seemed like a craft fair on every corner.   They were in fields, on farms, in convention centers, and malls.  Not only were their lots of them- they were huge.  There was booth after booth after booth of any beautiful handcrafted and/ or vintage thing imaginable.  It was like shopping on etsy, but instead of just seeing the items on your computer screen you were seeing them in real life.  You could touch, feel, and smell the handcraftedness- actually I think it was kettle korn and glazed nuts.




. . . wish I would have gotten more pics of some of the other cool things we saw.

A couple of regrets- not about purchases I made, but rather those I didn't make. I wish I would have bought  a handmade dress for Isla made of bright orange, yellow, and green so cute fabrics and a crocheted multi-colored blanket- it was so delightful!


Next time we are makin' it a legit road trip and taking one of these . . .
if you are in for next year let me know.




Who would have thought twenty years ago you could go out to the middle
of field on a farm in the middle of nowhere and find this.


too-duh-loo.

1 comment:

  1. i'm coming next time! so, we'll need a bigger RV, maybe a u-haul, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers